SEEKING APPLICANTS FOR LEADERSHIP 49!
Leadership 49, a program of MSU Park County Extension, is an eight-month leadership development program for Park County citizens. Comprised of monthly sessions, community based experiences, and a group project, participants develop leadership skills, increase their knowledge about challenges and opportunities, and network with community groups, leaders, businesses, elected officials, and others.
A group of 15-18 participants will be selected from a geographic and career cross-section of the county. Successful applicants demonstrate strong interest in and commitment to the program. Sessions are six hours; shorter community based experiences are held before sessions or scheduled during the month.
Program requirements include:
- Attendance at eight monthly sessions
- Mandatory attendance at the Team Building Retreat September 22-23
- No more than one excused absence and two total absences for the remaining seven sessions
- Attendance at a minimum of four community based experiences
- Full participation in the group project
Successful applicants will pay a $250 tuition fee to help cover the costs of administering the program, including meals. Transportation is not included in tuition. Scholarships may be available. Tuition is due before the first class. Employers have covered tuition in previous years.
Download the application now or pick one up at the MSU Park County Extension office. Applications are due June 30, 2017. Return complete applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or MSU Park County Extension, 119 S. 3rd Street Livingston, MT 59047.
Wednesday, September 13, Livingston – Launch Party
Friday & Saturday, September 22-23, American Explorers Basecamp – Team Building Retreat
Wednesday, October 18, Livingston – Values & ethics
Wednesday, November 15, Wilsall – Generational understanding
Wednesday, December 20, Livingston – Leadership styles, communication, conflict styles
Wednesday, January 17, Gardiner – Group development
Wednesday, February 21, Clyde Park – Conflict management
Saturday, March 17, Cooke City – Strategic planning
Saturday, April 8, Livingston area – Program recap & Graduation Celebration
Prepare leaders and equip them with the skills, knowledge, and vision to become involved citizens that:
- Value and understand county-wide opportunities and challenges;
- Cultivate relationships and foster collaboration with incredible leaders;
- Embrace opportunities to actively participate;
- Promote positive impacts;
- Advance personal growth through new and/or existing involvement; and
- Foster and facilitate positive cultural change.
L49 participants will develop leadership skills to:
- Understand more about themselves and appreciate the differences in others;
- Facilitate, mediate, and effectively engage in community-based conversations;
- Persevere and exhibit resilience in the face of adversity; and
- Contribute to the enhancement and sustainability of Park County.
For further information contact us at 222-4156 or email@example.com.